Iphone 3g ear speaker not working after disassembly?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iamthescottie, Oct 31, 2010.

1. iamthescottie macrumors newbie

I replaced the back of my phone with a new black one, and after putting everything back together, the ear speaker is not working.

The speakerphone/game sounds speaker is working, as well as the headphones if I put them in.

I took off the screen three times and put all 3 cables in again to make sure they are in right, and it is not working yet.

Also, when calling voicemail to test the speaker, when I change the volume it just shows a speaker, it does not say "headphones" so that is not what is causing the problem...

Thanks for any help!

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

you blew your proximity sensor most likely. this will cause the ear speaker not to work.

3. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

Agree with Chargit - proximity has a fault. Chargit will laugh at this - my microscope would show the fault. Seen it many times - the metal tracks can easily get broken on the proximity assembly.

4. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

your right Spencer but I can replace the proximity sensor before you can get your microscope out!! lol

5. iamthescottie thread starter macrumors newbie

Is that an easy fix? I don't know how I would have blown it, but as long as I can fix it, oh well

thanks! :cool:

6. iamthescottie thread starter macrumors newbie

Bumping in case anyone has any extra input, thanks!