iphone 3g ebay

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 645ci, Aug 2, 2008.

1. 645ci macrumors member

Hi,

So Ive managed to secure an iphone 3g of the bay.

First things are, do i need to check for anything in particular when going for the cash on collection?

Secondly, what is going on with the whole unlock thing nowaday? Can I unlock the iphone 3g to any network in the uk? I have an o2 contract at the moment that has 5 months left on it.

Thanks you so much in advance for help and advice given :)

Much appreciated.

2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

It doesn't look like there is a mainstream way to unlock your new phone as of yet.

3. 645ci thread starter macrumors member

How come there are alot of these iphones of ebay that are unlocked or unlocked to any o2 sim cards?

4. KingHuds macrumors 6502

Those are probably first gen iPhones, or jailbroken 3G phones, which are still not unlocked to any network.

5. 645ci thread starter macrumors member

What does the activation do with the uk iphone 3gs?

Damn it, i was hoping that i was able to get the uk iphone 3g and just pop my o2 sim card in or activate/unlock it to use it. grrr

6. 645ci thread starter macrumors member

how reliable are these turbo sim, stealthsim things etc?

So is there any way of being able to use this iphone 3g as a mobile? downgrade firmware or anything etc?

7. spinstorm macrumors 68000

If your using an O2 SIM then you don't need to unlock.

As long as it is a UK iPhone 3G all you have to do is put the O2 SIM in the phone and let itunes activate it automatically - you will be asked to register it but not sign up for anything as the activation process is different than it was before.

So don't worry it will work and I really wish people would check their advice is correct before giving the wrong information!

8. 645ci thread starter macrumors member

Thank you very much :)

Any confirmation ?