iPhone 3g error 1013, cant access my phone :(

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by brendanryder, Jan 15, 2010.

1. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

So last night when i was out my iPhone just locked itself. like it said "cannot recieve or make calls, please restore phone" or something like that. So when i got home i plugged my phone into itunes and i restored it and reinstalled and all that and then my iphone worked again, not even an hour later i noticed it wouldnt connect to my network(Rogers) then maybe 5 minutes later it locked itself again asking to be restored through iTunes.
    now i cant get it back, ive tried DFU restore and everything, even the new EFi update and itunes update and everything and nothing works. EVERYTIME it comes up saying "Error 1013 iPhone cannot be restored" and then i hit okay, and itunes tells me theres an iPhone in recovery mode and i go through everything again :(

how can i fix this :(

(iphone is not hacked, its a 3G and im pretty sure it has the latest software update)

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

This is a common problem that occurs after a failed jailbreak but can happen in your case where it happened randomly. What you need to do is connect to iTunes while holding the Home button down. Follow these steps:

Hard Reset:
    1) Open iTunes on your computer.
    2) Hold the Power and Home buttons on your iPhone for about 10 seconds or until the screen goes black. (Skip this step if the iPhone is already off and the Apple/Pineapple logo is not present)
    3) Once the screen is black, hold the Home button continuously while you connect via USB to your computer with iTunes open.
    4) Keep holding the Home button while your iPhone is connected until it shows up in iTunes as an iPhone in Recovery Mode.
    5) You should now be able to Restore.

DPA

3. brendanryder thread starter macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

yeah soo that didnt work, all that did was put it into dfu which i had done before and it still didnt work, so i took it to apple and they had the same problem.. so i had to buy a new phone :(

4. brothermatt macrumors newbie

My 3GS with OS 4.0 crapped out today. I was on the web just fine when all of a sudden no service came up and it said I needed to restore. When I plugged my phone in, it said it was in recovery mode and needs restored. I started with iTunes 9.? and when it got to restoring the firmware, I got the 1013 error. Tried again several more times with the same results. Updated to version 10 and still no luck. When I plug my phone in, the summary says it's an iPhone and the capacity, software version and serial number are all N/A. The little I button on the slider screen says unknown IMEI and unknown ICCID. I have a Genius Appointment tomorrow. The phone is not jail broken.

5. wjlafrance macrumors 6502

I had this issue today and the genius tried to tell me that since they can't get the serial number there was nothing they could do, but when I offered to kick it out of recovery mode with TinyUmbrella and look up the serial number in XCode (which did work, btw) she spoke with someone in back who told her the serial was printed under the screen, at least for the 3GS.

6. brothermatt macrumors newbie

Went to see the Genius today. He connected my phone and found it had discharged over night. Once he got it charged enough, he went through the restore process, and POW, up popped error 1013. He said it was a hardware issue, and since I have AppleCare, he replaced my phone. The serial number is etched into the sim card holder.

7. wjlafrance macrumors 6502

Yeah. The problem with that is the tray for my phone was not the original one.