Iphone 3g Error 1015 HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by helen.ross757, Sep 12, 2010.

1. helen.ross757 macrumors newbie

I got a 02 registered 3g Iphone from a friend. It needed unlocking so I could use with my Vodaphone sim and being not very techy I took it to one of these shops that unlock. She did it and it was fine. Then STUPIDLY i decided to ERASE ALL CONTENTS AND CLEAR because I read somewhere that this would clear all my friend info off the phone. It then froze after a hour on the apple logo and timer thing. So I plugged it into comp to try and restore through ITUNES. It gets almost to the end then is comes up UNKNOWN ERROR 1015.
    Please someone help is there anything I can do??
    I'm not very technical so please be as gentle as possible. :)

Thanks.

2. Waseem macrumors newbie

You can safely ignore that error because it is likely that the intended firmware has already been installed. However, use iRecovery, RecBoot or Umbrella to get you out of that state. Umbrella can also confirm which firmware you now have. That said, if like me, you updated through iTunes, most likely you made the basic mistake that has let Apple prevent you from jailbreaking. In my case, I cannot downgrade the bootloader 5.14.02. Therefore, I'm stuck until the next jailbreak solution can handle this, hopefully very soon.

To deal with the 1015 error, see for example http://www.ithinkdiff.com/jailbreak...-3-1-3-to-3-1-2/comment-page-8/#comment-32167