iPhone 3G errors 1015 and "slide for emergency"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by malaika, Oct 28, 2011.

1. malaika macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I had a jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 3G that I unknowingly tried to update about 2 weeks ago in itunes, and got the 1015 error. I have tried multiple methods online (using tiny umbrella, redsn0w, blackra1n, etc) but all end up with the same result...."slide for emergency" screen and then a message in iTunes that reads "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported" Any thoughts on possible solutions would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

2. Crystal-RX, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

when you see this screen meaning that you have been successfully restored the phone to factory setting. Now, you need to activate it with original sim or hactivate it with Redsn0w to by pass this screen.

3. malaika thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks very much for the response! I apologize to for my 'newby-ness', but would you be able to recommend a good tutorial for 'hactivating' the iphone 3G, there seem to be quite a few out there....thanks again!

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Since you update this phone with Itunes, your phone must have 4.2.1 firmware unless you manually select the firmware during the restore process.

Here is the tutorial to hactivate/jailbreak it;

http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12949

5. malaika thread starter macrumors newbie

It worked! Thank you so much for your help! Just had to re-unlock it and am back in business. Have a great weekend!!!!