iPhone 3G Family Plan help!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MAC702, Jul 30, 2008.

1. MAC702 macrumors newbie

Hi all - long time lurker, first time poster here and i'm looking for some help. Both myself and my sister signed up for the 700 minutes family talk plan (i have a 16gig and she has the 8gig), the one for 129.99. I was under the impression that this plan, being that it is the iphone 3g family talk plan, included unlimited data for both of our phones (this is what the sales person told us).

Anyways, she gets a text message from AT&T stating that a data plan must be added to her phone and to call at&t or a data plan will be added within 24hrs automatically. In order to straighten things out, we call AT&T because something doesn't seem right. The rep i talked to told me, and i quote "Sir, the 700 minute family talk plan only includes unlimited data for the primary number. You have to pay an additional $30 for unlimited data on the second phone". After i argued with the guy stating that paying $159 is absolute bull **** for two iphones that share only 700 minutes (not to mention the additional 30 for the unlimited texting), i said screw it and that i'd call back later. Now is the rep i talked to correct? Does that 129.99 only include an unlimited data plan for the primary number? Or am i correct, and it's supposed to include unlimited data for both of our phones? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

MACalicious in Sin City :cool:

2. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Im on the family plan also. I have the 3g iphone and my gf has the 2g iphone. You have to buy a minutes plan, say 59.99 for 700 mins. Then each phone has to add a data plan. 3g unlimited is like 50 total with unlimited text and 2g is like 30/40 with the same. U cant share data plans, But u can share mintues.

3. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

A 2 3g iPhone plan with 700 mins and unlimited texting should be...

Voice (700 Mins) - $69.99
    Data (for 2 3g iPhones) - $60.00
    Text (unlimited family) - $30.00
    TOTAL: $159.99 + tax (which is 18ish percent usually)