Iphone 3g feelin' slow and left out?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Blazing angel, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Blazing angel macrumors regular

Let me start of by saying i bought a 3g little under a year ago without knowing anything about iphones. Since then, i've increased my knowledge by a lot, but soon realized that i should have got a 3gs. Come ios4, i was doing everything to increase speed (removing lang packs, daemons, etc). IT was faster, but still slow. If you have a 3g, i guarantee you've felt it was too slow.
    Now, i found something called whited00r. Its based on 3.1.3, so its fast, but gives a lot of ios 4 like features, but it is very very fast. It comes optimized for our phone. I'm not trying to advertise or anything, but its really good for our old phones. :D

Makes our :apple: useful again.

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

3. Blazing angel thread starter macrumors regular

ios4 based is not released, the link is just there.

There are two versions: lite and full. The only difference between them is that full includes backgrounds and multitasking. I've tried both, and am currently using full.

To use the multitasking, hold the home button instead of tapping it to exit. That puts the app in the background. Beware, the app is actually running in the back, so it may drain battery.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Even with the whited00r and removed items the 3G is still a drag.
    Go with a 3GS or iphone 4. You'd be glad you did.

5. Darwing macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Couldn't even touch a 3G after having a 3GS just get a new iPhone, they arent that expencive now

6. DiLui007 macrumors newbie

DiLui007

I feel your pain, I also have a 3G and it's incredibly slow, especially with multitasking. It took about a little under a minute to type "Hello". I'll be getting an iPhone 4 hopefully sometime this week. It's time to retire my 3G.

7. noiceT macrumors 6502a

You should just throw that 3G on ebay, sell it, cut your losses, and get a 4. The retina display is enough reason; I still can't believe how sick the retina display is.

8. cheesyappleuser macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

Or wait for iPhone 5 (although iP4 is amazing - obviously).