Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gloveandco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
I have an I phone that has been "restored to factory settings" I just want to jailbreak it so I can play around with it and use Wi-Fi. I downloaded quickpwn and the iPhone1,2_2.0.2_5C1_Restore file. After using quickpwn...the little pineapple does show up onto my phone, but it never fully turns on...the pineapple just stays there. So I have restored the phone through I-tunes 7.7 and done this process over about three times. Same problem. I have 2 questions.

How do I know what firmware my phone is?

Can someone please help me by sending an e-mail: gloveandco@yahoo.com ?

I've been trying for two weeks now and I can't get it...I don't understand all this crap so if I get a million differen't responses I'm just going to be confused ...so i'd appreciate a person helping me complete this mess! THANKS!

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
you will get the pineapple for quite a while. mine took about 10-15 min. how long did you give it?

gloveandco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
Thanks for the quick reply guys

I gave it only five minutes...do I leave it alone even after the black command prompt screen disappears? I have a PC

gloveandco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
?

Do I need to restore the phone again or Should I just run through quickpwn again and leave it for 10-15 min just the way it is with this pineapple screen ?

staccato83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
Las Vegas
Do I need to restore the phone again or Should I just run through quickpwn again and leave it for 10-15 min just the way it is with this pineapple screen ?

I wouldn't bother with restoring your phone again. Just let QuickPwn do its job and you should be good to go in 10-15 min. Here is a link for a QuickPwn tutorial:

http://www.iphone3g-mods.com/2008/09/guide-jailbreak-iphone-with-quickpwn-21.html

There is also a member on here that just posted a 2.1 jailbreak tutorial and there is some good information you can find in there.

Hope this helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.