iPhone 3G "Genius" says Nothing is Wrong! Excuuuuuse Me? BRAINTREE, MASS.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhoney3G, Aug 21, 2008.

1. iPhoney3G macrumors newbie

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    I've experienced most of the issues discussed in these threads (vanishing iPod music, forced nightly restoring, poor reception and dropped calls). Here's what I was told by a genius in the Braintree, MA store today:
    ** "We are not aware of those issues, nothing has been confirmed on the Apple website!" I guess these issues aren't real or important or true until Apple says they are real and important and true.
    ** "You have too many apps on the phone, you should delete some." I have about 80...perhaps 5,000 more and I'll take that advice and run with it.
    ** "Your reception issues are normal. You can improve your reception by turning off your 3G." But 3G is why I bought the phone and 3G is what I paid for! That's like telling the pilot to lighten his plane by cutting off the wings.
    ** "The problem is being caused by a 3rd party app." This is not true, but I find it interesting that my genius was able to pinpoint the cause of a problem he never heard of! Doh! Shouldn't the expectation be that the apps I BUY from iTunes are safe and will not crash my new iPhone?
    ** "You should delete all apps and then put them back 1-by-1 until you find out which app is causing the problem." Again, we know by now that this is iPoo! Shouldn't they be testing their own apps before offering them for sale?

The bottom line is this: Apple is not being honest with their customers. Instead of being up front and saying, "we are aware of the issues and are working hard to resolve them," they are telling us lies. It's time to move this issue out of cyberspace - - - and into the mainstream media (just like the launch was covered on every TV news station)! What do you think? I want to hear your stories - and go from there. Thanks.

2. kleo macrumors regular

Ya dude I agree this new iPhone its total bs but apple will never admit it. The first gen iPhone was total quality from the ground up. This new one is cheap from the plastic case to the buggy software.

3. gsbedi macrumors newbie

They have to keep hush hush for the sake of their reputation and the reputation of Steve Jobs and the stock holders of :apple:. If word gets out to the general public about how many problems we've been having you can see the stock go below $100. I'm patiently waiting for it to peak about $200... stupid iPhone 3G was supposed to do that. Stupid oil... Stupid economy...

Anyways... yeah, I was just at the Apple Store that got robbed recently (Easton Town Center, Columbus, OH) and the genius did not know what light leak was and did not acknowledge the rampant crack babies that the white iPhones truly are. Well, he recanted and said he had one such incidence, but he reeked of ******** by that time already... :D

4. macwall macrumors 6502

The Apple Geniuses just tells me that it's user error :(

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

6. iPhoney3G thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Moderator.

Thanks, moderator....for putting us back on track.

7. mac jones macrumors 68040