iPhone 3G gets hot after phone conversation and battery draining fast

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mikechan1234, Apr 22, 2010.

1. mikechan1234 macrumors 6502

My iPhone gets hot after 15 or so minutes whilst on Skype phone conversation and normal phone conversation and it makes it impossible to talk for longer than that, this has happened for a long time now and my warranty has expired.

Also my phone can barely last more than an hour if I use it to download and view my PDF files from my inbox using 3G and a quarter of my battery is drained just from listening to it for an hour.

Anyone got ideas why this is happening?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Your battery is probably bad. I think the battery replacement out of warranty is only $85.

You could also try restoring and setting up as new. I doubt that'll fix it though. How does the battery work when you just let it sit and do nothing?

3. mikechan1234 thread starter macrumors 6502

I left it over night without charging for around 10-12 hrs and about 10-20% battery was gone

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What do you have on? Push? Bluetooth? Wifi? Anything?

5. mikechan1234 thread starter macrumors 6502

Only leave Push on.

At the moment, its been on standby for 5 hrs 30 min and the usage is 1 hr 20 min, and 20% is gone. Most of the usage has been using 3G data. So is this normal??

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That's a normal (if not better than normal) decrease for surfing for 1 hr 20 min.