This just happened recently. I can feel the thing in my pocket heating up. The battery goes from full charge to empty in the matter of a couple hours. Oddly though, this morning it said I had no service and my phone was normal temp and the battery lasted a long time. Or course i needed services so I turned the phone off and on and the service was back and so was the hot phone. The phone is over a year old. I've tried all of the trick. Hard Reboot. Reset all of my settings etc. Any ideas? Or a link to a thread to help?