iPhone 3g gift card

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i99, Nov 27, 2008.

1. i99 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I just read about the new iphone 3g gift card from apple. They did not tell if we still need to sign a 2 yrs contract with at&t.

Can anyone tells me how this card works?

Thank you,

2. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

u pay for the contract and stuff and the phone but u dont get the phone untill u go to the store

3. i99 thread starter macrumors newbie

sigh :( ... i thought there was a hope to get it for its real price but:confused:
    thank you anyway.

has anyone done it and went to apple and got his/her iphone ?

4. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

You can buy them in any amount starting at $25 and it can then be used towards the cost of the phone. If the recipient doesn't want a phone they can buy other things in the store. You can't really buy someone a phone because you'd have to enter into the contract so this is a nice alternative. Have a look here.

There's another thread about it which you might want to keep an eye on in case they say anything interesting!

5. i99 thread starter macrumors newbie

actually, my idea was to get a gift card for me and go buy the iphone from apple store because I thought I don't have to sign a contract with at&t in this situation .. but you guys made it clear for me. thank you

if anyone has more details about how to get an iphone 3g by its real price please share it with us here.

I just visited Apple store and they announced their discounts on their products ..