Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eplchamps0304

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
There was one particular auction where the seller didnt specify if he was selling the 8 or 16 gig, yet someone bid it at $400.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
I'm gonna laugh at these sellers when there's a limit on how many one person can buy. Last year it was one per customer on launch day, and it probably won't be any different this time around.

mjerald

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2007
How are they going to send it to someone else if it has to be activiated in the store?

I guess here's how, taken from a seller's description : only a moron would try this !!!!!

Pre Order! You are bidding to insure you will have a brand new in box 16GB Apple Iphone 3G 2.0 with GPS!!! These are going to be so nice and will sell out instantly! Get yours today, and guarantee yourself a phone, hassle free! This phone will ship to you FREE once I have activated it and then cancelled my service, because the ONLY way to purchase one of these phones is through the store and you must sign up for the 2 year contract before leaving the store or else they will not sell you the phone. Shipping will be through USPS 2-3 day priority mail. Otherwise you can pay $60.00 to have it shipped overnight, once activation has been cancelled! Both options include insurance (even though it says below $3.00, insurance will be FREE)! Shipping to the 48 contiguous states only, unless you email me and we work something out. Paypal only! Details below! Winning bidder please specify color preferred and I will do my best to satisfy your want! ALL OF THE OTHER EBAYERS ARE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO SELL THE IPHONES BECAUSE THEY ARN'T GOING TO BE ABLE TO BUY THEM WITHOUT CONTRACTS UNDER THE PURCHASERS NAME. I CALLED APPLE AND THE MAN SAID, THESE CANNOT BE TAKEN OUT OF THE STORE WITHOUT SOMEONE HAVING SIGNED A 2 YEAR CONTRACT! SO I WILL SIGN IT, THEN CANCEL IT 4 DAYS LATER, AND SEND YOU AN IPHONE THAT WAS ONLY PULLED OUT OF THE BOX FOR ACTIVATION. YOU CAN THEN RECEIVE IT AROUND THE 16TH. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO BUY ONE OF THESE ONLINE!!! AT&T SAYS An Early Termination Fee of $175 may be assessed against you in the event that you terminate your Wireless Service Agreement and/or selected plan before the expiration of its term. For Service activated on or after May 25, 2008, the Early Termination Fee will be reduced by $5.00 for each full month toward your minimum term that you complete. You may cancel your service, for any reason and without incurring the Early Termination Fee, within thirty (30) days of signing your Wireless Service Agreement, PROVIDED, however, that if you cancel service you will remain responsible for any service fees and charges incurred. If you cancel within three (3) days of signing your Wireless Service Agreement, you will be entitled to a refund of your activation fee, if any. If you exercise this option, you may be required to return devices and associated accessories purchased in connection with your Wireless Service Agreement. BUY FROM ME!!! MY METHOD WILL WORK!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.