Iphone 3g GPS not accurate enough

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jomak73, May 2, 2010.

1. jomak73 macrumors newbie

Heyy, lately my iphone has been having troubles with the maps app. When I try to find my location, it kind of finds me but has a .2 mile radius blue circle thing with my actual location being on the edge of that area. I would deal with it but I recently downloaded the mapquest app so I could get directions when driving, but it requires at most a .1 mile radius.
    I've searched forums for an answer to this question, but nothing they suggest works. I reset my network settings, restored my phone, and erased some kind of cache file using the terminal. I even tried hitting it against my desk a few times because some guy claimed it worked for him.
    Someone said there might be something wrong with my phone, but my warranty ran out a few months ago.. so that would be unfortunate..

Anyway, help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I assume you made a mistake on the 1-meter radius, since most people would kill for that (if it's even possible).

3. jomak73 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh wow yea sorry i meant I need at most a .1 mile radius and I have a .2 mile radius.

4. jomak73 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so i did some stuff so i know that its not a hardware issue. My mom's gps works fine, and I compared the differences our phones have. The only things that were different were that she has version 3.0.1 (7A400), carrier AT&T 4.0, and modem firmware 04.26.08.
    I have version 3.1.3 (7E18), carrier AT&T 5.6, and modem firmware 05.12.01

hope this helpss. thanks!