iPhone 3G - Grey Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pocster, Sep 29, 2010.

1. pocster macrumors newbie

I recently dropped my iPhone 3g (Ouch! I know :/) and upon booting up I'm now greeted by a wonderful grey screen. The phone still seems to work perfectly well as I'm able to dial out and use the phone as I would normally, but I'm stuck staring at an omnipresent grey. I've opened it and checked the cables and everything seemed to be tight. I'm just wondering if this is an error that others have encountered and if it can be solved by simply replacing the LCD? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

99% chance it is your lcd. try to do a hard reset first. hold the on/off button and the home button until the phone shuts off but keep holding until you see the apple logo. if you see it :D if not :( but im betting not!

3. pocster thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried that and forced it into recovery mode as well. Looks like it's the LCD, I'll try replacing it and see what gives.

4. naamankaa macrumors newbie

Hi. I'm having exactly the same problem with my Iphone 3g. Could you please inform me after you replace the screen that does it work.

Edit* This fixed my problem and my Iphone is working now as it should be.