Iphone 3G has a tiny annoying scratch in the middle of the screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mkwomble, Sep 7, 2008.

1. mkwomble macrumors member

On a drunken night out i return home and find a little scratch maybe 1.5 cm vertically down the middle of my iphone, its not terrible but i cant stop staring at it.

Is there anywhere i can get it fixed? How much is it likely to cost?

hmm....:confused:

2. LoveMyRedSox macrumors member

don't you have the insurance? Does that cover it?

3. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

4. mkwomble thread starter macrumors member

No, i cancelled the insurance, couldnt afford both the phone and the insurance so cancelled it....

5. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.0.2 JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Not that I would encourage you to do this, but you are aware that installing too many apps can cause the iPhone to freeze up, requiring a restore (just search the forums for "ALoD"), right?

I'm sure Apple would replace the phone if it were constantly locking up. Of course, since 2.1 is rumored to have fixed the problem, any exchange would have to be done soon.

Again, not that I would encourage you to do this.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

small links + big fingers = chaos

At the risk of violating netiquete I will reply: Don't forget folks... Only two more days until the problem is fixed so don't delay exchanging your phone! :D

7. Bodah macrumors regular

I have a scratch in my screen that was annoying me too.
    I got an invisible shield to make sure it didn't happen again, and it completely hid the scratch. You may try that.

I actually forgot that I even had a scratch until I saw this thread.