iPhone 3G has unusual charging issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BenD1983, Jan 19, 2010.

1. BenD1983 macrumors newbie

When I plug my iPhone 3G into any charger (car, computer, wall) the charging meter will not show up and show that it is charging. When my batter goes completly dead I can plug my phone into any charger and after ten minutes it will boot back up like normal but will never show more than 20% battery life. When I leave it on charge all night it still shows 20% charge in the morning I can plug it into my car charger and place a call and I can watch the little battery meter in the top right corner slowly go to full charge. The battery will last all day like normal, but it is a little aggrevating. Any help please?!?

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

calibrate it. leave it charging all night, and then use it without plugging it into anything until it turns off. ur battery meter should be really accurate now.

3. BenD1983 thread starter macrumors newbie

The phone acts as if it doesn't recognize that it's being charged.

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Sounds like a bad board. Have the Genius Bar take a look.

5. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

calibrating fixes it. its charges the battery, and ur gonna leave it in all night. then use it up without plugging it in at all until it dies. then ur battery meter just learned its full capacity and lowest capacity, therefore, a accurate battery meter. it wont be stuck any more.

6. BenD1983 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will definatly try calibrating it but no charging meter even shows up when it's plugged in.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You're problem is NOT going to be fixed with calibrating. You already attempted a calibration when your battery died and you tried to charge it to full. Go to Apple.