Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SirPerson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
I received an old old iPhone 3g from a buddy not too long ago and it was pretty battered. I ordered the new parts and fixed most of my issues, but when I got my SIM tray in the mail and activated the phone, I ran into some more problems: The headphone jack.. When I plug the headphones in, it only plays out of the left headphone, but when I pull it out half way, it plays out of both headphones but the left one isn't as loud as it should be. Can anybody tell me whats wrong with my headphone jack? Is there a solution or do I have to buy another flex cable? I also noticed that both my speaker and my ear piece are both a bit weak and tinny, I cleaned the dirt off of the speaker grills and still no luck, I'm assuming that they are blown and need to be replaced unless there is something else I can do to try to fix it. The last thing I noticed was the camera is a bit foggy, I opened the phone up again and cleaned off the camera lens with a cotton swab but still no luck. Is there a focus on it? If so, how do I adjust it. If someone can please help me with one or more of my problems, it was be much appreciated. I love the iPhone and I would hate to shell out $300 for a new one or downgrade. All is appreciated! Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.