iPhone 3G Headphone Not Controlling iPod

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AndyWR, Aug 14, 2008.

1. AndyWR macrumors newbie

AndyWR

Hi Guys,

I looked around and couldn't find an answer for this, so I thought to try here.

I bought my iPhone outright a couple of days ago, and been using it since as an iPod while I wait for it to be unlocked.

One thing that I have been finding annoying when listening to music is that if you have to move to the next track, you have to take the iPhone out and forward. I later found that you are suppose to be able to fast forward by using the included microphone by double-clicking the answer/send button.

I have tried this a few time with no luck. I even shut down the iPhone and this didn't do anything. Is the microphone broken?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

2. AndyWR thread starter macrumors newbie

AndyWR

Well guys,

As it works out, the problem was a dodgy connection. I put my iPhone in a protective rubber cover from day one. After reading about, I though, what would happen if I removed the cover and plug it directly into the phone... Bualah! the thing worked... so the rubber casing was preventing the headphones from making a good a connection with the iPhone

Problem sorted.