iPhone 3G,Help me select one Case for it...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by egk69, Jan 22, 2009.

1. egk69 macrumors 6502

Dec 5, 2008
    HI, I want to know your opinions of what case should i get, i dont know much of this, so if you can add a link of were i can buy it, i would appreciate it.

Should I get a Silicon/Rubber one? or Should i Go with a HARDPLASTIC or Metal ?
    Im going to say what do I like so you can help me better.
    -I want something that really *protects but doesnt make the iPhone too bulky, and that it haves some kind of style (not a plain one).
    -I dont like the ones that cover the ear piece, or home buttons.
    -I was thinking about 2
    ---the SGP Carbon Fiber one, But i guess that wont protect my iPhone at all.
    ---the iFrogz Tire-pattern ?

*Protection from my hands to the Floor, or something like 4-5 feets fall , Im not looking to throw my Phone from a second story building or something

I dont know, Help me...
    Thanks in advance:D
  2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

Aug 28, 2007
    San Francisco California, USA
    I'm pretty sure that the metal case of any brand might be what you're looking for at this time...
  3. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2008
  4. slapppy macrumors 65816

Mar 20, 2008
    Any plastic, acrylic, polycarbonate shells will protect your iPhone, but it will scratch the heck out of your bezel. You have to open and clean it twice a week to minimize the chrome scratching. Only the Neo with the condom protects the iPhone and the chrome bezel.
  5. egk69 thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 5, 2008
    So, you guys think a HARD cover its better that a silicon one!?

I was thinking the HARD one will transfer all the energy of the "drop" directly to the phone, and the Silicon case would maybe absorb part of it?, hehehe but i know ***** about this theme so...

I like the switch easy capsule neo, i looks very cool...

any other suggestions?
  6. dL. macrumors 6502

Nov 5, 2007
    I've gone through many cases, and finally found the one I truly love.

Incase Slider.

That is my recommendation.

7. dL. macrumors 6502

Nov 5, 2007
  8. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Jul 9, 2008
    Go with a hard plastic one like this Incase Slider in gunmetal ... IT'S GREAT!!!!:D