Iphone 3g Help!!!! No Sim!!! Help Me!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ak47gunner, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Ak47gunner macrumors newbie

Im taking it back to apple today but because it was jailbroken and unlocke i restored it with itunes to original 3.0 with an upgrade but because it was on tmobile and after i finished it now says no sim card installed insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate iphone. so its on emergency call mode. Can I just insert a friends sim card in here to take it to apple. I am getting it replaced ebcause of dust under the screen, a frozen pixel, and some air bubbles inside. So can i just borrow a friends att card? they wont check it right to make sure its actually mine?

Just in case they dont replace it, is it possible for me to jailbreak this again? or do i have to insert a friends sim to jailbreak? DID I **** IT UP!?!?! sorry im just so scared...

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

You have no account with AT&T? If you don't, I don't think Apple will service your phone.

3. Ak47gunner thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i have an uncle who has att and he could let me borrow his sim card would that work to get a new one???? like from apple because of the phones deffects? and to jailbreak the next one i get would i have to start it with an att sim card? does it matter if its my uncles who has an iphone as well. will it **** up his iphone? sorry for all the questions im just scared...

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I really don't know. Hopefully someone who has unlocked their phone and has successfully gotten Apple to service it will chime in to help you out.

5. iphon macrumors newbie

helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

guy i really need someone to help me. one side of my iphon is frozen. i dont know wat to do.its the side with the text messesging and recent phone call and youtube and all that plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz someone help me im about t cry

6. Future2001 macrumors member

Calm down for one. For two put in an active AT&T sim and it should activate when you plug it into iTunes with Internet connected. Third go there without the simcard. Tell them you're problem and if they should replace your phone they'll check the sim card tray and ask you for the sim card to use to activate the sim card. Tell them you left it at home. They'll give you the phone.

7. iphon macrumors newbie

omg i was waiting for someone to reply me i had lost this page.first of all thank you for replying. i dont have a sim card from at&t,i have it from tmobile if i take it with out the sim will they know that i have tmobil sim card will that be a problem for me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz answer me oki thank you

8. Future2001 macrumors member

Try just not bringing the sim with you... I didn't have my sim and they switched my 3g out for cracks.. although I did have my 3gs with me just in case they asked for the sim card but they never did.