Iphone 3g help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonebabe, Jan 15, 2011.

1. iphonebabe macrumors newbie

Okayy I have a unlocked (to any network) also Jailbroken iphone 3g
    v.3.1.3 I did not get my phone through AT&T, Im now getting the data plan
    I need straight answers on my qestion not a "I don't know" Will getting the data plan mess up my jailbreak and my unlock..(unlocked im leaving att in 4 months plan is up) Anyways Will getting the data plan reset my phone to the origial settings???!? WIll i have to rejailbreak my iphone or can i even rejailbreak once the data plan is on?

Also I use my iphone alot!! for everything _facebook_ Email_ all that good stuff so what would plan would you recomend to me. If i used wifi when I am at home will it save on my plan? or is there a unlimited plan that doesnt cost a fortune to have???? Can someone please help me figure this out I need all information I can get before adding a plan. If it gets rid of my unlocked does anyone know where i can go to get it unlocked?? can you add a data plan to a unlocked iphone?!?!?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

No, getting a data plan, say on T-Mobile, won't effect the iPhone at all. You just have to type in some APN settings to get it working.

3. iphonebabe thread starter macrumors newbie

sayyy what?? Im getting a att data plan whats the apn settings?

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Oh, I thought since you're iPhone is unlocked (doesn't have to be), you'd go to another carrier after your contract expires.

But in that case, once you get the data plan it won't do anything to the iPhone. It will start working within a couple minutes of adding it.