iPhone 3G help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wonga10, Sep 5, 2012.

1. wonga10 macrumors newbie

Hello!
    I have an iPhone 3G (no S), but deactivated it years ago for a non-smart phone, so essentially I have an iTouch. I wanted to see if I could somehow reactivate it just to send text messages via iMessage. Any ideas on how to do this? Jailbreak it or something? Right now on the iPhone, I am unable to get service, even from nearby wifi areas. Any thoughts/ideas on how to make text messaging happen would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

Sadly there is no way to use iMessage on the iPhone 3G. iMessage was a feature that first became available on the 3GS.

I will say, after I deactivated mine, I turned off all the data toggles on the phone, and stuck in a dumbphone SIM card, and I have not been tacked on a data plan. You just have to make sure your iPhone never tries to access data. If it does, your service provider will detect it and add a plan on for you.

3. wonga10 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Kimla10 macrumors newbie

iphone 3g software help

Just gotta iphone 3g. No radio icon, can't transfer a game Sims3 without jailbreaking (waiting on this). Is this phone cheaper using Wifi? i am with O2. i went to London and took pics with a disabled student and halfway through day i was on 20% battery charge! is this normal?
    Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)
    Kim:)