iPhone 3G Home Button broken - App? Jailbreak? What??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alekparker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. alekparker macrumors newbie

Hi so I have a 2 year old iPhone 3G. It's pretty banged up. I've dropped it so many times and now the Home Button finally gave.

I've already restarted my phone and reinstalled everything. I've also tried banging my phone on the wall in the same way that i dropped it, but neither did anything. :p

I have ordered the iPhone 4 but that won't be delivered till later this month. In the mean time I was wondering if there was an App that could work as

I've heard of iHome and mQuickDo, but they don't seem to be on the list of apps anymore. I'm guessing they got suspended by Apple or something...

Is there any App I could use for the regular 3G OS or do could I Jail break it to use this? (I've never jail broken my phone before)

2. gfineas macrumors newbie

The solution!!!!!

if you are on an iOS under 4.0.1, the iOSes later then 4.0.1 will NOT WORK. You will need to jailbreak.

the simplest jailbreak is to go to the iPhone browser and type "jailbreakme.com" - without quotes and slide to jailbreak

If you have jailbroken your iPhone go to Cydia-wait a little-go to search-type "Activator" without quotes and install it.

After that go to Settings-Activator-Anywhere-and choose the button or gesture to mimic the Home button then press it-then go down to Home Button and press it.

I have the same problem and i've choosed the Press Volume Up and Down.

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Since you have a 3G, restore it to IOS 3.1.3 then jailbreak it with jailbreakme.com or spirit. These jailbreaks method do not need to DFU the phone and therefore, it works.