iPhone 3g home button & sound stopped working.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hMMSTER, Jun 25, 2011.

1. hMMSTER macrumors newbie

Hello!
    I bought a used iphone 3g about half a year ago, and everything went fine up until about a month ago.
    Suddenly, the home button just stopped working, I hadn't dropped it, I hadn't been in rain, it just stopped working. I thought the phone just died, but I figured out that it isn't working when I saw I could turn the phone on with the power button.

About a week after this, the speakers stopped working, the microphone still works, and I can hear sound if I plug headphones in.

Does anyone know why this is happening? If it's fixable? If so, how?

2. flipster macrumors 6502a

If it has no physical damage, go to Apple. If the geniuses see no signs of damage, they will most likely charge you a low price, or not charge you at all. Worth a try.

3. hMMSTER thread starter macrumors newbie

1) no warranty'
    2) No apple store in my entire country

4. flipster macrumors 6502a

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Mind me asking what country your from? Any certified retailers in your area?

5. hMMSTER thread starter macrumors newbie

Well yes, but I'd prefer to fix it myself, doesn't anyone know what the problem is?

6. hMMSTER thread starter macrumors newbie

7. hMMSTER thread starter macrumors newbie

8. hMMSTER thread starter macrumors newbie

This thread is now bumped, because mods encouraging you to make a new thread every day instead of bumping your own is silly.

9. flipster macrumors 6502a

The problem is simple, the iPhone has worn out overtime. You can't really fix these problems, call applecare and explain your situation. I know you live in a different country, but it's worth a try.