iPhone 3G housing replacement sim problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zoticon, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Zoticon macrumors newbie

I recently changed the housing on my iphone 3g and the hole for the internal sim ejector component was not properly drilled out
    but i managed to push a screw through it and everything was good but recently the internal component got loose and i could hear it rattle inside the phone
    so i opened it up again and screwed it back down but since then it has been a slight bit elevated and when i put an empty sim tray, that goes in fine but with a sim it hits off the component and wont go into the slot, and if it does, it wont come back out until i use some force and dislodge the internal component.

any ideas on how to fix it?
    or should i just get a new case?

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

unfortunately you bought an aftermarket back. they dont have the holes drilled. take it back apart and remove the motherboard and try it again. if no luck get a replacement but dont buy another cheap one. lots of sellers lie about their products being oem. just make sure the holes are predrilled and you will be fine.