iPhone 3G - How to Mass Text Newbie FAQ

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MemphisDave, Jul 22, 2008.

1. MemphisDave macrumors regular

MemphisDave

Edit: I've been informed MAss texting has been around for 7months.

If your a iPHone newbie, Here is how to Mass Text.

I checked everywhere for a quick google FAQ or Youtube video and any quick guide to mass text. haven't seen anything on it. I checked the iPhone 3G manual in Chapter 7,..
    Click to Enlarge
    [​IMG]

Here are some srn shots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is all...
    MemphisDave

2. The General macrumors 601

3. MemphisDave thread starter macrumors regular

MemphisDave

Sorry, reading the dates of the articles complaining...It looks like fireware 1.13 came out around Jan08'..I'm reading about a 6months worth of complaints regarding mass texting. <after googling iPhone how to mass text < you'll be surprised at all the "NO, it can't at the moment" responses that come up.

Well, I hope this helped to the newbies (myself) and anyone that gave up and didn't realize it was updated in Jan08's fireware 1.13.

Cheers!
    MemphisDave

4. metman787 macrumors member

5. illitrate23 macrumors 6502

illitrate23

yeah it's funny - i never noticed this before the 2.0 firmware either
    i'd just got so used to it not being there with 1.1 and 1.2 that i never noticed when it did arrive

6. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I was excited when it came out on firmware 1.1.3... but it turns out I use it a lot less than I thought I would.

7. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

Just as others have said....WOW! I don't understand how someone can not have known about this. Your phone has been able to do this for 7 months!

8. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

haha, BURN.

I've done the same thing (created a thread thinking I had discovered something amazing then shut down immediately) but you actually took the trouble to screenshot and all...ouch

9. MemphisDave thread starter macrumors regular

MemphisDave

Yeah...there wasn't an easily searchable Youtube video or FAQ on google about it.
    Give me a Break guys, I've had the iPhone for a week and a half...
    :rolleyes:
    I'll go change the title of this thread to "How-to Mass text for the iPhone 3G newbie" haha.
    MemphisDave

10. codyATL macrumors newbie

This is all fine and good, but the real question is has anyone figured out how to send a mass text to a whole contact group without putting in each individual name in? I have like 50 guys to get a text to and I don't really want to spend the time putting each name in.

11. waylandchin macrumors newbie