iphone 3g in afghanistan

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by acoustyc, Jul 4, 2013.

1. acoustyc macrumors newbie

hey can someone help me? i'm deployed in afghanistan and baught an iphone 3g jailbroken from amazon, i put a local sim card and it works jus fine but i dont know if i updated will i still be able to use the phone or will at&t block it for usage with a diferent provider? thank you

2. toshibauser macrumors member

What iOS version do you have on your iPhone 3G? If you have 4.2.1 jailbreak, there is no point to update, because that is the highest version it can support. If I were you, I would stick with the current system even though I thought your phone was a unlocked iPhone. If it is a unlocked phone, then it has nothing to do with AT&T. Anyway, how long you are going to use your iPhone 3G? Soon, no game or app could support the phone. Probably, within a year or two?...

3. acoustyc thread starter macrumors newbie

thanx dude yeah that is the version that is on it 4.2.1. i didn't know that was the last one for that phone, i guess im stuck with no apps during this time here, thank you for the info.