iPhone 3G in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheMacBookPro, Sep 29, 2008.

1. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Hey,

No, I'm not looking to buy the unlocked ones from the Apple Store (HK) :rolleyes: I'm looking to sign a 3HK contract. I have 2 questions:

1. Does Visual Voicemail work here?
    2. Does the iPhone come unlocked (like I can just take out the 3 SIM and put in a SoftBank SIM). Or do I pay them a fee?

Thanks!

EDIT: Okay, after searching, I found this. It says, '...Visual Voicemail plays your messages...'. But the reason I'm asking is, at the 3Shop (using the demo model), when I tap on 'Voicemail', it calls the 'Voicemail' (page looks like this but the 'contact' is Voicemail), not show me the Visual Voicemail page.

TheMacBookPro

2. TheMacBookPro thread starter macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

bumperoo

Anybody?

BTW, if 3HK unlocks it, will it be a permanent unlock (meaning it will be there even if I jailbroke)? Or if not, restoring back to the original FW will return it's unlocked state? Thanks again?

3. niji macrumors 6502a

niji

hi

how did your attempt to use a softbank sim go?

do you already have a softbank iPhone account?

i am looking to buy the apple HK unlocked fon and just get a softbank iPhone account (but not buy the iPhone in japan through softbank - i just want to use the HK unlocked fon with the softbank iPhone sim in japan. is this possible?

the HK apple site says that their unlocked iPhone will be able to be used with *any* sim...

4. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

1. No Visual Voicemail does not work here.
    2. Yes, iPhone 3G comes unlocked. It works with other SIM.