Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleRox4ME8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
Army soldier here soon to deploy to Iraq, for a second time. Was wondering if anyone knew my options for using my new 3g iPhone in that country. Do I have to jailbreak/unlock it, or are there any other options. I used my previous cell phone over there, i just replaced the sim card with the local providers prepaid card, but that was no iPhone. If i do have to jailbreak it, which one is the safest, easiest one to manage?

wallstreetcrash

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2008
New York
Army soldier here soon to deploy to Iraq, for a second time. Was wondering if anyone knew my options for using my new 3g iPhone in that country. Do I have to jailbreak/unlock it, or are there any other options. I used my previous cell phone over there, i just replaced the sim card with the local providers prepaid card, but that was no iPhone. If i do have to jailbreak it, which one is the safest, easiest one to manage?

Unfortunately you won't be able to use it. The iPhone 3G can not be unlocked for use with other networks.

AppleRox4ME8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
what about this 'Rebel Simcard'(rebelsimcard.com)? does anyone have any knowledge on if this product is genuine?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.