Iphone 3g in Recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SonaliNCSU, Oct 10, 2011.

1. SonaliNCSU macrumors newbie

So today my phone decides to go in recovery mode. I have tried everything to get out of it. Recboot, tiny umbrella, hard reset, holding the sleep button and home button at the same time etc. My phone is not jailbroken nor do I want to restore it in itunes since I haven't backed my phone up in about a month....Any advice?

2. TechLifeMobile macrumors newbie

Did your iPhone have any contact with water? Personally I would open it up an look for water damage. If that is the case you may be able to get away with replacing a battery or dock connector and keep you info. Otherwise a restore may be your only hope.

3. aldorande macrumors member

4. Justim macrumors 6502

I've been screaming DFU restore a lot these days.

Did you try that?

Did you have an older iOS 5 beta on it? It could have just expired.

If that's the case, update iTunes to 10.5 beta 9 and iOS 5.0 GM and then try to restore or DFU restore.

5. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

@Justim
    Thats nice doing, how in earth are you getting IOS 5 in a iPhone 3G? Good, let us hear how you did it.

@SonaliNCSU
    It could be that the iPhone you have have a hardware failure that cant be resolved. Go to a store near you and let those guys have a look at it..

6. Justim macrumors 6502

Tehe. Habit I guess.

7. SonaliNCSU thread starter macrumors newbie

I wish my phone was able to hold up ios 5! Luckily my brand new phone is coming in this friday. It went in to recovery mode when I hit the sleep button after playing on words with friends. Must have been a hardware failure. Ended up restoring it last night and had problems there but luckily found a thread on the site to fix my problem! Luckily I only lost a few numbers and everything I have is backed up on my macbook! I did lose a few pictures though that I won't get back :(

Thanks for the help guys!