Iphone 3g in recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cherbear82, Nov 17, 2011.

1. cherbear82 macrumors newbie

Nov 17, 2011
    I really need help. I have googled and googled, I cannot find a solution.

I rebooted my iphone yesterday (admittedly I don't do it enough), and it would not come back on. It gave me an image of a plug with itunes logo, and when I came home and plugged in, I learned it was in recovery mode.

I found a program called Tiny Umbrella, and downloaded it. I couldn't find any instructions on what the heck to do with it but there is a button that says "Exit recovery" which I pressed after it detected my phone. But it still isn't working. I do NOT want to restore my phone back to its original settings. I sadly have not backed up all my pictures and contacts. If I can just get my phone out of recovery mode without restoring, I will be backing all of that up immediately!!! Then I will go out and buy the new Iphone, because I do not want this to happen again with my old phone.

I cannot call anyone b/c I do not have a house phone, I am on bedrest after having surgery, and my husband is at work. So I'm desperate to get this phone working WITHOUT restoring. Can anyone help? I would be so grateful!
  2. cherbear82 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 17, 2011
  3. SenseiPhone macrumors regular

Jun 9, 2011
  4. cherbear82 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 17, 2011
    it tells me "the program can't start because zlib1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I doubt reinstalling would do anything. Is it supposed to open up a program similar to TinyUmbrella?