iPhone 3G in Switzerland

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gloubibou, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gloubibou macrumors member

Swiss web site MacPrime has published some rumors as to the release of the new iPhone in Switzerland.

- First shipment to arrive June 20
    - 16GB silver for CHF 659
    - 32GB silver, black or white for CHF 799

New plan: Swisscom iPhone Liberty

- 24 months
    - CHF 40 / month
    - no mention of free minutes, SMS or data

Seems a bit far-fetched to me. The phones seem expensive. I believe that an unlimited data plan is part of what makes the iPhone unique.

Pierre

2. avigalante macrumors 6502

avigalante

You took the words right out of my keyboard... This has also been confirmed by 9to5mac.com. Should be interesting what comes up in the following weeks...

3. MikeDTyke macrumors 6502a

9to5 is simply quoting Macprime and although my Swiss is pretty rusty, it seems more like speculation on a forum than actual leak from swisscom.

I'm keeping my eye to the browser over the next few weeks as it will be the mobile companies that let juicy details slip. I just think this one needs a little confirmation.

M.

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

The rumour comes from 1 member on a swiss forum board, who himself doesn't really believe it (see Dakis' comments on the same page being quoted).

Storm in a tea cup - but it does show how Apple might use colors to differentiate between model lines (Though i'd imagine the 16GB refresh would be different to the 32GB or at least the current 1st generation iPhone in some visible way.).

There's a reason this isn't front page.

5. gloubibou thread starter macrumors member

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.