iPhone 3G in Turkey

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by emir, Sep 26, 2008.

1. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

iPhone 3G is now available in Turkey, it started it's life here yesterday. I really really want to buy one, but the plans for it are really expensive. For ex. the 8GB iPhone 3G is 250$ and, 80$ monthly fee for 18 months. For this price you get 150SMS,150 minutes talking and 3GB data. Those are enough for me but yet really expensive. So what i want to do is get it, activate it but not use the plan, so i will unlock it(i searched and there is only hardware unlock, is that stable? i need your suggestions about hardware unlock) and use with a regular simcard with regular -pay as much as you talk- fee. Is this possible. I need an urgent response, thank you very much...

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

There are several posts that discuss the sim unlock options - have a search!

3. emir thread starter macrumors 6502a

emir

my question is not only about sim-unlock of 3G, i am asking you also if this prices are worth it? They give unlimited Edge(no 3G available in Turkey yet, expected to start service in 6 months). But they say unlimited is limited with 3GB, that's funny. Anyways 3GB would be enough but it's the prices that concerns me. I don't want to be idiot, i want to buy it but need your advices about the price.

Also i will eBay off my iPod Touch and Nokia n73 if i buy an iPhone. So once again these are the prices;

8GB iPhone 3G, iPhone sold for: 250$ , monthly fee of the data plan: 80$, plan includes 150SMS, 150 minutes, unlimited EDGE. What do you think?

EDIT: The contract expiration date is 18 months from buying.