iPhone 3G Interface doesn't register touch exactly... Is this normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by App1eBen, Dec 4, 2008.

1. App1eBen macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I got my iPhone 3G 16GB last week and so far I love it. There's so many apps in the app store, I could spend tons of hours just trying out new programs. Everything else about it is beautiful as well.

I just have one little gripe. I noticed that I constantly mistype characters when typing a mail or text message. I wondered if it is due to my weird finger anatomy or if the touch display doesn't react accordingly.

So I downloaded a few paint programs like Scribble from the app store and I noticed that the touch display doesn't react right underneath my finger when I touch it realll softly, just barely so it registers my input, but that the input registers a few millimeters, perhaps 5mm, to the right of my actual input. Oftentimes when I use the keyboard to type a message and try to press the letter "F" for example, it always seems to register "G", so I need to press waaaayy on the left of the letter to actually hit it.

I hope you get what I am trying to get across. Perhaps this is normal. I mean, how "exact" does your iPhone register any input at all? What's the margin of error that's tolerable?

Many thanks if someone could give me a little feedback.

Other than that, this iPhone is the most awesome piece of technology I've ever come across. Wasn't a big Apple fan before, but sure as hell am right now.

Many thanks,

Ben

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

The screen probably wasn't calibrated right at the factory. Call Apple and get a genius appointment they will more than likely give you a new phone.

3. Pixellated macrumors 65816

+1 - You'll have a good phone in no time. :)

4. App1eBen thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, I will do that. Thanks for the speedy reply, guys!! :)

5. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

You are smart to post your issue. I've played with many other touch screen phones and they often have the issues/unresponsiveness/calibration problems you're talking about. The iPhone, however, does not. Like the others said, just make an appointment and you'll soon be able to enjoy your iPhone without those problems. :)