iphone 3G into the wash, how to recover

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by merlyn412, Nov 16, 2008.

1. merlyn412 macrumors member

Well, I've finally stopped my crying. My wife threw my jeans into the wash. Unfortunately, my iPhone was in the pocket.

PSA for you guys - the iphone (3G 16gig) will not survive a normal wash cycle ;).

So with my phone dead, and my service provider wanting to charge me $680+ for a replacement, i found a friend that will sell me his (3G 8gig) for a reasonable price.

I did backups of my iPhone thru itunes on my mac. When my new phone arrives in the mail, how will i 'restore' my old contacts, songs, apps, ect...?

Stay classy people - and remember to check your pockets before you do the wash!

Cheers.

2. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

She shoulda checked your pockets. I'd go out and buy a new 52" HD LCD tv
    just to show her! Why can't women just leave your clothes on the floor?

3. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

It's pretty easy.. just sync your stuff on the new phone. Might want to restore first if he has his files on there.

4. joseluis.17 macrumors regular

when you conect your new iphone do not click on set as a new iphone, click on restore from backup an then all your contacts, videos and even your settings will be just like your wet iphone :D