iPhone 3G + iOS 4 - Going back to 3.1.3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PreetinderBajwa, Jun 22, 2010.

1. PreetinderBajwa macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

Just sharing my experience with iOS 4 on iPhone 3G...... the responsiveness of the phone is pretty low and the apps struggle at times...... :mad:

After countless reboot, switch on swtich off because the phone keeps hanging in the middle of using an app....

or hanging trying to put the access code when you unlock the phone (not hack.... 4 digit unllock)

sometimes noticeabe lag time between input and actual event occuring....

I have a feeling that its better to revert to OS 3.1.3 where I was before I went to 4. Atleast the phone was quite responsive and worked ! :)

I don't know how your experience has been with the OS upgrade. :confused: it just feels like Apple allowed the 3G to be updated out of curtousey and possible PR value knowing that the configuration of 3G is not goingto be able to handle iOS4 (you see the number of features that are not available anyway).

2. mckandy macrumors member

I wanna do this too for my 3G before I give it to a friend (getting the new one tomorrow). iOS 4 runs horribly slow on it and apps crash all the time. How do I downgrade back to 3.1.3?

3. 41qser macrumors regular

? I have ZERO issues on my 3G... if anything, it's MORE responsive.

4. mckandy macrumors member

Hmm maybe it'll be more responsive when I restore it to factory settings?

5. 41qser macrumors regular

6. klaszlo macrumors newbie

Similar Problems

My girlfriend is having trouble with her iPhone 3G with slow typing, and apps (including the once build into the OS) randomly closing. Have you had any issues like this? Or have any fixes like restoring factory settings worked?

7. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

My 3G ran like a pile of poo on iOS4, so I put it back to 3.1.3 last night. Slow, sluggish, unresponsive.....useless. I struggle to believe anybody that is saying otherwise to be honest.

For anybody trying to downgrade to 3.1.3 on windows, after the 3.1.3 ipsw restores, the handset will be stuck in a sort of DFU loop, and you will need to use something to kick it back into life.

I run Windows 7 x64, and the easiest way I eventually found was to restore the firmware, let it come up with the error message in iTunes, then use blackra1n to give it a bit of a "nudge" back into life. If you execute blackra1n and catch it at the right moment, just when the screen on th phone goes blank, and power it off/on, it should then reboot as normal.

:)

8. RMXO macrumors 6502a

I run iOS4 on my 3G with no issue's so far. Actually, it feel's snappier. Shame I can't do multi-tasking but being able to use folders is well worth it.

9. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

Mine is more responsive, and I actually have transition effects...

10. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I had to completely restore my 3G to get it to perform anything resembling reasonable.

11. ianray macrumors 6502

12. palmerized macrumors regular

I am also having performance issues with iOS4 on my 3G. Sluggish overall, menus are slow, apps seems to hang – and I've had two weird errors:

SIM UPDATE FAIL ATTEMPT 2

and

Exchange Password is Incorrect...

Weird because I'm not using an Exchange account...