iPhone 3G + iOS4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hydrocity, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Hydrocity macrumors 6502a

iPhone 3G + iOS4 = What the hell?!

So I updated my iPhone 3G to the latest iOS4 software and it has become very frustrating to use.

When I try to slide to unlock, my first swipe doesn't even register...
    When I try to put in my passcode, the first 5 seconds won't register anything...
    Swipping through pages lags...
    When I try to open apps such as the SMS app, it stays on a white screen for 5-10 sec...
    When I try to type a text, the actuall text doesn't even show until I stop typing, then it just all pops up...
    Sending a text just results in the screen freezing. I believe it does send still, since my phone vibrates while still frozen, indicating a received text...

I can go on, but you may get my point. Is this normal? I knew upgrading wouldn't be perfect but this is pissing me off. I was planning on waiting until august until buying the iPhone 4, but I can't stand this!

Is this some secret plan Apple created to try and make iPhone 3G users to upgrade? :p

2. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

This is all very normal...and horrible.

Yes iOS4 on the iPhone 3G SUCKS. It slows down the phone like crazy. Why do you think it lacks half the features? Sucks I know :(

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

^^^This

4. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Sorry to sound rude but did you not see the many posts over the last couple of weeks with people telling of the woe of IOS 4.0 on the 3G.

Yes it does slooooow done the phone no end occasionally. The secret is to be patient and let it do it stuff.

Some people report turning on and off their phones a few times improved the situation. If you google there are even instructions how to downgrade to the last 3.x OS build.

My 3G has been O.K 95% of the time, (after I got over being pissed off when the install went bad and got into a funny loop auto-re-installing the OS about 4 times in a row....3h later finally it was installed.)

Perhaps Apple knows us too well and know that most of us won't change brands, so if they make the 3G sloooooooooow, we will give in, and upgrade to the iP4

5. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Most of the posts I saw here regarding the 3G said it made no difference or it improved. Not many negatative posts. Oh well I guess... I'll just get the iPhone 4 if I qualify for upgrade price. I'm in Canada so I don't know if they will have a special thing like AT&T

6. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Have you tried restoring and setting up the iPhone as new?