iPhone 3G<<<iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cable, Jul 29, 2008.

1. cable macrumors newbie

I've been having various issues with my 3G that I want to vent, maybe I'm missing something and you guys can also help.

1. Almost everytime I turn on my phone it asks me for my iTunes password. This is the most annoying thing ever. (maybe there's a way to turn it off?)

2. The cell reception is horrible. I get one little tiny bar in my apartment where as my old iPhone I had 4-5 bars all the time. I was even in Vegas with my friend this weekend and he still has the old one and we compared a few times and the old iPhone ALWAYS had 2-3 bars more than the 3G. What's going on here?

3. Apps crashing all the time. Can't really say more about that, but I do have faith that 2.1 will fix it but cmon, do there people even test these things?

4. Battery performance is terrible. Much worse than the old iPhone. I have my brightness at about 20% all the time and wifi off and it drains way too fast.

5. The white backing of the 3G has a scratch in it already and I have not dropped my phone at all, just kept it in my pocket.

6. I actually LOVED the recessed headphone jack on the old phone. I liked the low profile it kept, now the thing sticks out too much. Sure when it first came out it was a pain to find headphones that fit, but companies adapted and it was for the better.

7. Touch response is really bad. But that's also just 2.0, bc my friend is having those same issues on his old iPhone, but this only adds to my user frustration.

Anyone else having these issues? Or know solutions I may be missing?

2. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Not really the phone but the software.

These are all 2.0 issues.

Also 3G has less coverage areas then Edge. So turn off 3G if your reception sucks.

Also battery life sucks also because of the software. Turn off your location services and push.

Or just downgrade to 1.14

3. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    (iphone3g<iphone == 0)

1) I have no idea why it does that
    2)3g signal isn't strong enough and widespread enough (at&t not apple)
    3) 2.0 not iphone3g
    4) false. battery is actually better. 3g/gps sucks the battery. turn these features off and you will see it's better
    5)no scratch one my white3g
    6)you are the one of the few who feels this way
    7)again 2.0 (as u admit)

4. View macrumors regular

I don't think downgrading to 1.1.4 is too safe for the iPhone 3G.
    I've heard some ppl have done it just to prove the point, and it actually worked, but I still wouldn't risk it.

5. justiny macrumors 6502

justiny

I'm having issues with 3G reception as well. I have to turn 3G off to make and receive calls. I'm considering going back to my original iPhone and cheaper data plan.

6. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

There's ZERO risk with the iphone. You can always restore it.

Honestly just deal with it, they'll release 2.1 and we'll all be happy gooses.

7. View macrumors regular

I agree with you about the 2.1, and hopefully Apple will fix most of the issues.

By risk, i mean all the hassle and time having to resync all the music/video/data. It takes so much time to sync that little 8/16GB worth of data :(

8. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Oh stop being such a fancy man hehe

9. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Uh huh

If you have enough time to post on these forums, I'm sure you can be without your phone for 45ish minutes while it syncs. Impatient much?