iPhone 3g - iPod Configure Menu Does Nothing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by keypusher, Sep 14, 2008.

1. keypusher macrumors newbie

Hey, so I've had my iPhone 3g about a month now. I noticed yesterday that when I hit shuffle in my iPod, it was repeating the same song over and over again. Presuming one of the play settings was incorrect, I looked for a way to change this. I stumbled across the Configure menu (iPod/Edit) but clicking on the icons did absolutely nothing. I was wondering if this is the same for everyone or if it is just me. Also, is there a way change this Repeat setting somehow elsewhere, because it is really getting annoying.

Thanks!

2. treehuggergraem macrumors newbie

got your answer matey

that same thing was bugging me

the repeat thing, you just have to press the same button again, you'll see a 1 appear when its repeating the same track and not when it will just repeat the album

As for the configuration menu, you have to drag your selection onto the bottom toolbar, giving you a choice of your quick list at the bottom when you go into the ipod part of your touch or iphone... so you can choose whether to have songs, artists, podcasts whatever on the bottom bar without having to go to more each time...

hope this helps

3. keypusher thread starter macrumors newbie

ahhh, ok. thanks very much for this! had me quite confused and I am surprised at how non-intuitive this was.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm not really sure how that's the case...you're in the config settings of the iPod app, would you be, errr, configuring if if you're in there, not accessing menus?

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm not really sure how that's the case...you're in the config settings of the iPod app, you would be, errr, configuring if if you're in there, not accessing menus?

6. keypusher thread starter macrumors newbie

comment
    not be a complete jackass.

Fixed that for you. If you posted this incomprehensible blathering twice in the hopes it would make more sense the second time around, you were wrong. Now begone, troll, and don't come back.

7. lsd macrumors newbie

Thanks for this thread, I couldn't figure it out either... Even after reading Apple's instructions...