iPhone 3G iPod content keeps dissapearing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by greedyboy, Aug 21, 2008.

1. greedyboy macrumors newbie

Hi, got a problem with my phone, all my iPod content on my phone keeps dissapearing for some reason.

Also when i check the memory, all the memory is still used up as if the songs, video etc are still in there but there not. Also when this happens everytime i try to open an app, the app instantly crashes.

This has happenend about 4 times now in the past week and i need to restore everytime. Im really getting pissed of with this now, anyone know what the problem could be?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Sounds like your phone is being disconnected while loading. I have that problem every once in a while because the USB ports on the PC Card I use to connect my iPhone is a little flaky, so to touch it can cause it to disconnect, and if it happens while syncing, I can loose all my music and videos and have to restore.

TEG

3. greedyboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, this doesnt happen when syncing, it will happen randomly, like when im out listening to music or check my phone for something etc.

4. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

Mine does it too, nothing to do with disconnecting.
    I'm just hoping this is the fix that is coming in september, If I can hold out that long without throwing it against the wall...

5. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

wow.. out of all the complaints i have heard about the 3G, this is DEFINITELY one that i would take in and get a new one. thats a pain in the butt!! have you talked to an apple store person?

6. greedyboy thread starter macrumors newbie

No, been busy at work, got an appointment with a "genius" on Saturday. Surely they should exchange this phone for a new working one?

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I'm experiencing this too. I had to call Apple last week because an album I purchased on my phone (and had not yet synced back to my iTunes account on my comp) disappeared and iTunes wanted me to buy it again.

The girl I talked to said she hadn't heard of this happening before, but they gave me a refund so I could download the album again.

8. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

It seems like it's software, I don't want a 200 mile round trip for them to say "do a restore" - am holding out for the september update - it's happened twice so far, once during 2.0.1, and once directly after upgrading to 2.0.2, it could have been a part of the update.
    if it happens under 2.0.2 i'll be phoning for them to send a replacement