iPhone 3g iPod not loud enough

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsanche6, Mar 11, 2009.

1. jsanche6 macrumors member

So I found out something interesting today. I was using my iPhone and my iMac because I was playing the piano and testing the quality of both. And the iPod on the iPhone is not loud at all!!!! I've noticed this before but I tested it and it's true. The max volume on my iMac is at least 25-40% louder than the iPod on the iPhone. Is there anyway to unlock a higher volume on the iPhone? I know if you jailbreak it there was an option but does Apple offer this without hacking it. I like loud music and I wish that I could listen to it all the time like that. It might be the new in ear headphones that are reducing the volume because when I used my sony headphone on my iPhone it was as loud as my iMac. You're loosing so many details in music when its not loud enough. Any thoughts???

Who ever wants to test this...listen to "On Top" by the Killers and you'll know what I'm talking about. You hear soooo many more details when it's nice and loud.

Update: I listened to a different song and I think the music transfers on to the iPhone at a lower quality. I turned my iPhone and iMac at the same volume and there's certain sounds missing.

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

it could be your headpnones or the volume is set at a limit. but it could also be the songs. you can crank the volume up in itunes on tracks.

3. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

If you really want to go deaf, I mean, "hear the details in your music" get some proper in-ear headphones, shove em in nice and tight, then crank the iPhone volume up to max, if that isn't loud enough for you, you really need to see a doctor then.

4. jsanche6 thread starter macrumors member

I do have really nice headphones, I have like $200 Bose headphones. I'm just saying when I listen to the same song on my iPhone and my iMac the iPhone song volume is much lower. I know how to raise the volume limit, it's in settings and it's all the way up.

5. cyberslaw macrumors newbie

there is an app for that it's called volume up!