iPhone 3G is durable

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ViViDboarder, Jul 12, 2008.

1. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

So, being the very clumsy fellow I am, I was at a bar with my brand new iPhone and put it through an inadvertant torture test. I dropped it on a concrete floor from about four feet.

Currious of the effects?

I'm posting this with it. There are only two, hardly visible scratches at all. It still looks amazing. I have a black 8 gig and you would be hard pressed to see the marks. I feel stupid but I was bummped into and at least I have a good phone. :D

2. pflau macrumors 6502

Are the scratches on the glass or the back?

3. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

i bet u were drinking an iPint huh!?!

ahah, good to hear though, im not so sure i want to give up my alum for plastic

4. Zephgx macrumors member

5. ViViDboarder thread starter macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I'll have them as soon as I find a camera other than the phone itself. Haha. Or an elaborate set of mirrors.

6. aforty macrumors 65816

You know what guys, I was out drinking last night too and the idiot I am I too dropped my new iPhone onto the street while handling it. Not a crack or scratch on it and it works fine.

I think it landed flat so I think that might have helped out a bit but either way I'm relieved.

7. Warpdrv macrumors member

I dropped mine, from about 4 ft, but I have one of those incipio condoms on it, and nary a thud..... glad I bought that condom, does just what I wanted it to do... absorb the occasional slight abuse and prevent the scratches

8. fridgeymonster3 macrumors 6502

fridgeymonster3

yea it seems durable...after waiting in line 5 hrs on Friday my wife dropped mine taking it out of the box cause she was so excited...the thing like flew 8 feet and then bounced on the floor!! No adverse effects or any scratches at all. Can't believe it!!

9. outz macrumors 6502

i bet that argument was a sight to see!

10. JoBroJr macrumors newbie

I have a habit of transporting my phones in my lap when i am driving. This a.m. as I arrived at church, I jumped out of my Dodge Ram 1500 and remembered the phone for which i started the 4am line at my local ATT store on the 11th was in my lap just as it hit the Asphalt from about 4 feet up. It landed FLAT, glass side to the parking lot. I said a prayer, picked it up gingerly and to my amazement, there wasn't a scratch, ding or scrape on the entire device.

Color me impressed!!