iPhone 3G is lagging

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheKingIV, Feb 1, 2010.

1. TheKingIV macrumors member

I guess it has slowly been getting worse and worse. I've had the phone for a year and 2 or 3 months, and, of course, at first whenever you open an app or anything it pops right up.

Now, even when I open the iPod, it takes 5-6 seconds to actually load. Also on FB when I make a status update, it takes a good 10 seconds after I press the "post" button, for it to even start processing. Same thing in a number of other apps. Typing even lags sometimes.

Any advice? I've restarted the phone a few times and it doesn't appear to do anything. I noticed in the past when it did this if I deleted apps, it ran smoother, but this didn't work either.

Thanks

2. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

there's nothing you can do

the 3g was fine until 3.0 came out, but even on 2.21 the iphone 3gs is just a faster machine

It's laggy I know, but us 3g owners that didn't get the 3GS, will hopefully be rewarded with a new iPhone in June/July to upgrade ( end of 2 year contract =fully subsidized price)