iPhone 3G issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hthomas, May 24, 2011.

1. hthomas macrumors member

Hey guys, I have an iphone 3G and it just runs horrible. so slow. It has been updated with the latest update as far it could go to the latest at least. I am getting a iPhone 4 in July, I was just wondering what I could do to get this phone working better before then?

2. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

You can try doing a restore and setting up the phone as new, then sync all your stuff over, that might help.

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If you want your phone to be running faster, put 3.1.3 firmware on it. 3G with firmware 4.0 or above is crawling slow.

4. bohbot16 macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

Try turning off Spotlight Search. Go to Settings->General->Spotlight Search and uncheck each item.

5. gorichard macrumors newbie

Mine is the same and it's very frustrating. Facebook takes 20-30 seconds to load, everytime, and is then slow to navigate.

The app store is the same, not worth using. What's app too. I've plenty of space left for storage, am using 4.2.1 and have done a rest (home and power hold).

I feel learned the hardway that it really isn't a good idea to sign up for a two year contract with the iPhone and won't do it again in a hurry.

My phone is definitely worse now than it was when I bought it - and we're talking about old applications here, not ones that have come along recently

If you find an answer, I'd be grateful to hear it. I'd read elsewhere there might be an update, but it's the same old problem - we have to make do with a rubbish phone for a month or so until Apple acknowledges it as an issue and looks to do something.

We've been here before

6. Kelli91 macrumors newbie

Yup

You can look back in the forums and see the same issue over and over. The above advice is as good as it gets. The problem is that Mac doesn't want to spend money and resources in making the OS work for old hardware when it means you have to buy NEW hardware. I'm in the same predicament but my dilemma, which you may also want to consider:
    If I buy the 4 now, is this going to happen when the 5 comes out? I do not have faith that the same issues won't arise. Correct me if I'm wrong, but rumors say the iphone 5 will be release in late summer or fall. If you are buying in July, wouldn't you want to wait for the 5? I'm not sure I can wait that long but I bought the 3G right before the 3GS came out and I felt jipped.