Iphone 3g + Itunes Expert help.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by preguntonontrac, Dec 21, 2008.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Hello,

Well to make it short and simple... everyone knows when you install itunes for the first times it ask you if itunes can modify the original music files or not. When i install it i choose not to then after some month of iphone 3g owner i have made a lot of changes in my library in Itunes. Ok now i want to back up my computer and i have annn huge collection. I always transfer all the files to another pc so i can tranfer back.

My questions is how i can make itunes to do all the changes i made on itunes library to the original files?

Thanks i will be grateful.

2. doobi18 macrumors 6502

file > library > consolidate

itunes > preferences > advanced > "Keep iTunes Folder Organised" & "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library"

hope that helps

doobi18

3. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

But this only will make another folder, it will require more space. There is a way to apply changes mad eon itunes tot he source mp3 files on my music folder?

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If you mean things like song info (artist, album, artwork, lyrics, etc), then any changes you make in iTunes are automatically saved in your source mp3 files.

Things like play count, last played date, the playlists you make in iTunes, are stored in a database made by iTunes, and unfortunately, it's rather difficult to transfer this info when you make changes to your hard drive structure.

5. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah i mean liek title year artist album art and lyrics... but like i said in the first post i think i tunes when i installed it asked me if i wanted itunes to make changes to source files. I said no... so how i make itunes apply all t e changes i made on itunes to this files.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

As far as I know, the question iTunes asks when you install it is whether you want it to organize your muic files for you. If you answer yes, it copies the music files to an "iTunes\music\" folder. If you answer no, like you did, it leaves the files in their original location. But when you change the song info, like title, year, album art, etc, it applies those changes to the original files, regardless of whether you answered yes or no during install. I'm sure of this because I also answered no during install, and I've made changes to my song info in iTunes, and I know the original mp3 files were changed to store the new info -- if you play them in media players other than iTunes, or open them with mp3 tag editors, the changes show up.