iPhone 3g Jailbreak issues

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nitram36, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Nitram36, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011

Nitram36 macrumors newbie

Hello! As the title indicates I have stumbled upon several issues while trying to re-jailbreak my iPhone 3g. The first time I tried to jailbreak my iPhone it actually worked. I cleared and restored to factory settings but it froze.. now I am stuck at the restore stage. but anyhow to keep some organization I will order and number my issues.

My iPhone: iPhone 3g 4.2.1 on iPad BB 6.15

1) My iPhone will not restore to "iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a4.2.1Custom_Restore" or "iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore" .. this may be because I updated my iPhone's baseband to iPad 6.15 but i am not sure.. I cleared and restored it to factory settings when it froze at the apple boot screen. I am stuck trying to restore it. I always get error 1015

2) Once I have the phone cleared and restored - which program should I use? I downloaded greenpois0n RC6 but I am not sure if that is the right program or not..

-Any help is appreciated.. after a day and a half of Google-ing around i have come up with vary little.. If anyone could provide links, steps, or any help at all i will be grateful! thanks for you time! :)

EDIT: after creating a custom firmwire with snowbreeze and trying to restore the iphone with it, itunes gets stuck at "preparing iPhone for restore"
    it is stuck again : \

2. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

First you download snowbreeze v2.2.1 for ios 4.2.1, and then if you have the orginal ios 4.2.1 on your computer, start snowbreeze, locate your ios 4.2.1 or drag it into the snowbreeze window, when done, check your host file for this line: 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Then when snowbreeze are done, the completed ios 4.2.1 custom is ready on your desktop, start itunes, connect your iphone, then press shift and restore, select the custom ios on your desktop, let it work ... when done you may encounter error 1013 or 1015, thats okay, start tiny umbrella, at the upper right hand its a button called exit recovery, then it should boot your iphone normally..