Iphone 3g jailbroken and tried to reset to default settings

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dcammarn87, Sep 4, 2008.

1. dcammarn87 macrumors newbie

I tried to reset to default settings and it is stuck on the pineapple page. What should i do to get it to work again? I just bought it 3 days ago. Please help me.

2. hitman45400 macrumors regular

Did you try holding down the home and sleep button at the same time?
    if that doesn't work, don't bother with going to AT&T or Apple, they will just laugh at you for jailbreaking it.

3. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

You need to hole down the sleep wake and home button for 10 seconds the release the sleep wake button while still holding the home button for about another 5 or 10 seconds. This will put it into DFU mode and you should be able to restore it. Let me know if this works and if not i will try and help. Set up as a new iphone also.

4. moddin macrumors newbie

I did this and it doesnt do anything, I reset 1st gen Iphone 2.0.2 after it was done it reset and stayed on the apple logo for an hour. So I did what you said but it resets to apple logo and has that loading circle thing just keeps going and going. What should I do?

5. moddin macrumors newbie

I did this and it doesnt do anything, I reset 1st gen Iphone 2.0.2 after it was done it reset and stayed on the apple logo for an hour. So I did what you said but it resets to apple logo and has that loading circle thing just keeps going and going. What should I do?
    EDIT-----------------------
    I got it into DFU mode my timing wasn't right I didn't know I had to let go of sleep after screen turn off. Ill let you know how it works out, itunes has been downloading the software for a while.