Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lydboots

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
Sydney
I have tried to wipe my iPhone 3G so I can give it to a friend. It was jailbroken & I had saved blobs with Tiny Umbrella (the last was 4.1)
Now it is frozen on apple logo OR sometimes I can get it to the Connect to iTunes screen
Tiny Umbrella can see it if it is on the connect to iTunes screen (but not when it is stuck on apple logo) but nothing works (won’t help it exit recovery, won’t restore anything).
Sometime iTunes can see it, sometimes it can't!
My question is: if I use iTunes to restore the phone can I then use the saved blob & Tiny Umbrella to restore the phone to it’s earlier jailbroken version? Am I on the right track?

Thank you (I hope!)

enoC

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
Denmark
Download the ipsw for 4.1, put your iPhone in DFU-Mode and restore. Then set it up as new in iTunes. Everything can be googled.
And NEVER wipe your iPhone directly from the phone. It's a complete waste of time.

Lydboots

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
Sydney
to keep phone jailbroken etc

Thank you for your help. Sorry to be sounding stupid but when I do as you say ...
"Download the ipsw for 4.1, put your iPhone in DFU-Mode and restore. "
do I need to do something special to get iTunes to use that ipsw (don't really know what ipsw is but I will google it!) & do I still need to use Tiny Umbrella so that the phone remains unlocked & jailbroken?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.