iPhone 3G jailbroken + unlocked, but no service

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by squib, May 10, 2011.

1. squib macrumors newbie

Hi! I have a 3G that was on 5.14.02, and had no other way to unlock, so I followed this tutorial
    http://www.dkszone.net/update-iphone-3gs3g-baseband-06-15-00-pwnagetool-4-1-3

(and subsequently did these as well:
    http://www.dkszone.net/unlock-iphone-3gs-3g-ios-4-2-14-1-ultrasn0w-1-2
    http://www.dkszone.net/fix-battery-drain-updating-iphone-3gs-3g-baseband-06-15-00)

and after upgrading to the iPad baseband, started seeing "No Service". Wifi and GPS both work fine. The original SIM card is in place. Is it true that if it won't recognize any carriers with that in place, a new one won't work either?

I read that I should try to let iTunes upgrade from OS 4.1 to 4.2, but it wouldn't allow it (said the phone is ineligible). I have no idea what else to do to.

thanks,
    A

2. squib thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

4. squib thread starter macrumors newbie

Rogers in Canada.
    (I was wondering if they could block me if they could detect the phone was jailbroken/unlocked.)

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Impossible. Try to re-install ultrasn0w and then reboot your phone. It should work.

6. squib thread starter macrumors newbie

Just reinstalled and rebooted: still no service, but wifi is fine.

I did notice that the "no service" appeared after I used the Pwnage Tool, before I ever got to install Ultrasn0w.

Should I try to run Pwnage Tool again?

7. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Can you go to Setting/general/about and check the baseband again? Is it really 06.15?

8. iLoyal macrumors regular

I am not sure about "Roger"..... Does their 3G network compatible with iPhone? Could OP has his 3G turned on? I know that happens with Tmobile.

9. squib thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup, it is.

10. squib thread starter macrumors newbie

This is a phone i bought from the Rogers network that worked on it until I used the Pwnage Tool.

11. squib thread starter macrumors newbie

A ha (?) !

Found this on the first page of instructions I followed, and I somehow neglected to read it: "There’s an error in the bundle for the iPhone3GS 4.1 that prevents the new baseband from being used. If you know your way around OSX, please download the fixed bundle, and unzip it if Safari hasn’t already done so. Then “Show Package Contents” of PwnageTool.app, navigate to Contents->Resources->FirmwareBundles and drop it there. Otherwise, please wait for the updated PwnageTool, or the OSX version of redsn0w coming soon."

Okay, so I didn't do this, and am not sure how to do it now. I can see the package contents but can't move anything into the folder to add it as mentioned above.

It mentions the updated Pwnage Tool - current version is 4.3.3. Can I use that version, or do I need to find the update that followed 4.1.3? If the latter, am I looking for v4.1.4?

thanks
    a

12. squib thread starter macrumors newbie